Tuesday 27 November 2012

Rm 22's Poems

In rm 22 we have been doing poetry. We did Diamante poems, poems featuring our spelling words and a poem of our choice. We shared a poem of our choice as speeches. Here are some of the poems:

A hike, By Leo Marryatt

On February I went for a hike on my motorbike I stopped and got stuck
I saw police  ahead
I hung by and saw a pie, that pie might die
I told a guy it was to late
It was gone, I said bye to the guy's stomach


Animals, By Cushla Barriball

Big and small
Tiny and tall
Skinny and fat
A dog with a hat
Cats and dogs
Mice and frogs
Bears and hares
Long hair, short hair, or no hair at all
Wild or tame
Friendly, scary, cuddly
Some nice, some not so nice, some beastly
Animals tell tales, short tails, long tails, or no tails at all
Fluffy and scary
Fluffy and hairy
Fluffy and cuddly
Fluffy and beastly
Animals that live in the wild
Animals that live in a paddock
Animals that live in your house
Animals that live in a pet store
I love animals
Do you?
Should you?
Would you?
You could if only you tried
So beg and plead and cry
Try puppy dog eyes
See if your parents will buy you one.

No comments:

Post a Comment